Thursday, February 7, 2013

Keeping up?

Things are getting busy around here.  The Jaycees Bridal Expo was a huge success!  We met so many brides who were interested in what we do and loved the idea of using locally & sustainably grown flowers for their wedding day.  All of the interest has kept me on my toes.  I've been busy trying to keep up with e-mails, meetings, quotes & contracts.  We are really starting to get dates booked!

Can you believe that I'll be getting the first of our seeds started this weekend?  We're going to be knee deep in field work before we know it!  As soon as the weather allows, we'll be getting our high tunnel covered and bringing in soil to get growing!

Today, I'm ordering mums!  These aren't your typical garden mums...they're fancy, antique & gorgeous!  I cannot wait to see how they perform for us!  They are going to be so awesome for wedding work!!  We'll grow some of in the field and some in our high tunnel so that we have some variation in bloom times.  Here is one variety that we'll be trying:
(image credit: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/spidra/3020507077) 

 Beautiful, right?!  Ready for spring?  Me, too!!!



Oh, and of course...I can't leave you without a couple 8 month photos of our little Celia!  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment